Saturday, April 3, 2010

3 cheers for Conference!!:)

I LOVE conference weekend!!! Not only do I get a break from preparing things for my church callings:), but I get to spend quality time with my family enjoying the spirit and time spent together!

I love to bake and try new recipes (and some staples) during conference so the family can eat while we watch and play our conference games. I have quite a few new and tried and true recipes from the weekend that I will be posting on my recipes blog if you would like to check out what we ate this weekend!:) Just go HERE!

I also found a really cute idea for clipboards for the kids to use while they are tallying their words (one of our favorite conference games) and taking notes. I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them so you can see. By the way, for those of you who care...Makyla won both sessions today! 272 and 212 points (or somewhere close to around there!)

Hope everyone enjoyed the Saturday sessions as much as me! The one thing that really struck me was how important it is to teach our kids in the HOME!! We've had some experiences in the last few weeks that I was just appalled about (things kids know and say at school:)) and this confirms my testimony that the home needs to be a refuge and a place that we can constantly teach our children and prepare them to be wonderful missionaries, members of the church, moms and dads, etc. It's a little overwhelming and I know that I need to do better at seeing the teaching opportunities in everyday situations and to bear my testimony to my children spontaneously! I'm so thankful to know that we have a prophet on the earth today who leads and guides our Heavenly Father's church, and that he loves us and wants us to know of the love our Heavenly Father has for us too. What a wonderful day it has been. I can't help thinking how blessed I am!!

1 comment:

Abuelo Y Abuela said...

3 cheers for Moms! Thanks for all you do for our grandkids.