Sunday, October 5, 2008

Painting!

I've had so much fun painting this last weekend! My walls were so boring and I'd been wanting to get some color, but always had a hard time deciding what colors to use and worrying that I wouldn't like it when I was done! Well, I made the plunge and am so excited about the results! I even attempted some color washing-which turned out so good! I'm still a novice at this, but I know there will be lots more painting in my future! Makyla's been getting excited about painting her room and making plans for what colors she wants. (her plans are quite eloborate!) Anyways, here's some pictures!

Accent wall in the Family Room. This took me three coats and I think it might need one more! (Tony wants to paint a big white "U" in the center of the wall-but don't you worry-I won't let it happen!!)
This is the first coat in my front room-I liked it like this and was debating whether or not I should even attempt the glazing-I'm sure glad I did!
So this is the final product! I think it looks so good! I'm going to see if I can get Aunt Virginia to paint me a picture of Wilson peak like Mom has at her house from out at the cabin to put in this room somewhere-it will go so well with the wall!
By the way...Thanks so much to Ben who works (or should I say "worked":)) at Sherwin Williams where I was able to get our family discount on my paint! I had to hurry and get it while I still could!:)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Jana,

I LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the paint but ecspecially the glazing. I have it in my house, but I dont think I would ever dare do it on my own! How did you do it?
I had to laugh when you said you were wondering whether or not you should do it because you liked your paint so well. I said the same thing in my own house and like you, I was glad that I did! I love it also! You did awesome, I'm proud of you! It looks soooo good!

Brandon said...

the best thing about your new paint job was that you took the picture while the BYU game was on. I know tony is watching the game, he bleeds BYU blue. GO COUGARS

Unknown said...

It looks great! I would have to agree that the only thing that would make it better would be that big white U!

Ironically we have a blue accent wall in our front room that Tim threatened to upgrade with a big white Y.

Melinda said...

Looks great Jana! You should come help me paint, I am in need of something new.