Thursday, April 5, 2012

Disturbing!

My oldest boy is now in 5th grade which mean they have the big "maturation" presentation. 

Caleb brought home a permission slip to attend and so I signed it knowing that Tony and I would talk to him before it happened so he wouldn't be so blindsided!:)

The note said it was supposed to be on Thursday, but when I picked Caleb up from school Wednesday he said that they had it that day instead.  So much for talking to him first!

Anyway, I asked him how it was and he said "It was disturbing", which made me giggle.  I told him Tony and I would talk to him and answer any questions he has later that night. 

Well, we had  a busy night and weren't able to sit down and talk, but Tony was able to talk to him for just a few minutes before bedtime and he told me about their conversation.  It went something like this:

Tony: "So Caleb, how was your program today?"
Caleb: "It was kind of disturbing."
Tony: "What made it disturbing?"
Caleb: "They were all talking to us about our tenticles."

Tony got a chuckle out of that and talked to him a little bit about the "boy parts" and that he is not an octopus!:)

Oh, the joys of growing up!!!

No comments: